Rounding out the rest of my day after making the tinctures, I made two batches of soap. Today I had no issues at all, even despite using a fragrance which “slightly accelerates”.
The first was colored with titanium dioxide (the white part) and green tea (the brown part). I fragranced it with Natures Garden “Aloe and Cucumber” fragrance oil. I did a simple in-the-pot swirl technique. I textured the top and added some loose leaf oolong tea down the center of it. (not the expensive kind).
In the below picture, you can kind of see it through the side of the mold and I think it is going to look great when I can finally cut into it.
The second batch was colored with titanium dioxide and two shades of Caribbean Blue Mica. I fragranced it with Natures Garden “Baby Clean” fragrance oil. I did an in-the-mold pour technique. Finally, I just swirled the top layer a little bit with a skewer.
You can see it through the side of the mold below and I think this one will also look fantastic once I cut it. I am a bit worried though, because I used titanium dioxide and an accelerating fragrance, so it might develop glycerine rivers.
So, overall, I would have to give this Saturday a thumbs up. I made tinctures and two batches of soap. Now I am going to rest for the evening (or maybe I might go sew once my dinner slump wears off). Hope your Saturday was just as lovely.