I have never made a palm-free soap before. I generally use the “responsible” palm oil that Brambleberry sells for all my soaps. I have wanted to try out making palm-free for a while, but never got a chance. Well, today I did, and I am sharing the recipe!
In the past couple days, I made four soaps: Avobath Type, Peppermint Tea Tree Pumice and Zeolite Soap, French Green Clay with Lavender & Tea Tree Soap, and Honey I Washed The Kids Soap. Today they were ready to cut, so I thought I would share the joy of cutting them with you! Continue reading “Soap Cutting Day! Four New Soaps Unveiled!”
For my encore today, I decided to make a piped soap with a new fragrance from Nurture Soap called “Honey I Washed the Kids”.
This fragrance is supposed to be a well-behaved, light and mild smelling fragrance oil I did not experience either of those things.
I am posting the free recipe in case you want to try it too, but maybe with a different, better-behaved fragrance. In any case, it has been a long time since I posted a free soap recipe, and it is about time! Continue reading “Honey I Washed the Kids – Piped Soap – Free Recipe”
When I visited my niece last weekend, she made a special request for some more french green clay soap. She said she really enjoyed the scent and liked using it to wash her face. She was almost out and wanted more.
I am on vacation from work this week, so I have plenty of free time to fill, doing what I love. So today, I made a refill batch of french green clay soap for her.
I think my husband was a monk in a previous life. He likes everything plain and simple. The same holds true for his soap. He likes plain, un-fancy, un-scented soap. He will accept goat milk, even though it might be a little bit sinfully decadent.
Last week I made him a batch of plain-jane goat milk soap and this week it was finally ready to unmold and cut.
Of the two soaps I made this weekend, one of them was ready to cut today. The other is a goat milk soap, so it will take longer to be ready for unmolding. This one, however, slid right out of the mold with no issues today.
I posted yesterday about this soap and at the time, I wanted to call it “birthday cake”, but when I cut it, and as I was taking photos, it seemed more like a party, so I decided instead to call it “birthday party”. Continue reading “Cutting of “Birthday Party” Soap”
On Saturday I posted a teaser for a couple of soaps that I made that day. Today I unmolded and cut them. As promised, I am posting the “after” pictures.